Current Opening: Care Coordinator/ Medical Assistant
Job Title: Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant
Who we are:
The Health Center (THC) is an independent, non-profit school-based health center located in Walla Walla, Washington. We work to advance the success of students by addressing their physical, emotional, and social needs. We provide bi-directional integration of care through medical and mental health services, free of cost to students. We currently have 4 clinic locations: Blue Ridge Elementary, Pioneer Middle, Lincoln High, and Walla Walla High School.
We are looking for a Care Coordinator who approaches student care with an innovative lens. You will be working collaboratively with school staff, students, THC colleagues, and parents to provide the needed support for students to attain their healthiest self.
Sound like you? Read on.
General Description: The Care Coordinator will provide medical and administrative support for students and THC staff. This position is approximately 30 hours per week, and we follow the Walla Walla Public Schools schedule, which includes summers off, snow days, and work days between 8am-3pm.
- Serve as initial and follow up contact with students/school staff.
- Handle all scheduling, including calendar management, internal and external meeting requests, conference calls and other appointments.
- Collect and maintain insurance information, consent forms and other required documents.
- Work with students and staff regarding additional services, referrals, and external resources available in the community.
- Plan and coordinate the logistics of meetings and events as necessary.
- Attend meetings and produce meeting minutes as needed.
- Enter/collect data, file reports and prepare measurement and outcome reports as needed.
- Draft proposals and reports for funding sources that demonstrate The Health Center’s impact.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure prompt grant management, monitoring compliance with all reporting requirements.
- Maintain professional behavior and relations with school faculty, staff, and referral resources.
- To provide and maintain a safe, judgment free area for all kids that access THC.
- Assist The Health Center in following emergency procedure guidelines.
- Medical Assistant duties:
- Perform initial assessment on students for health concerns.
- Alert the provider of deviant health findings; and initiate interventions as directed.
- Initiate student referrals to parents,
school personnel, community health resources, or other appropriate agencies.
- Proficiency with vaccination management, administration and documentation.
- Assist in control of communicable diseases by screenings, health education of school personnel, students, and parents in preventative or remedial measures.
- Assess student immunization levels, TB status, and plan for intervention and follow-up.
- Plan, implement, delegate, and provide follow-up for various health screenings.
- To maintain MA certifications in BLS, CPR and first aide at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge and commitment to support the mission and work of The Health Center.
- Willingness to build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with THC colleagues, WWPS colleagues, and students.
- Knowledge of local resources and contacts that can provide wrap around services for students.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal relations, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience and ability to provide proper record keeping and billing in compliance with HIPAA.
- Understanding and compassion for children and adolescents with mental health issues.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and produce high-quality work under pressure.
- Commitment to accuracy in all tasks, attention to detail is extremely important.
- Enthusiastic with a capacity and willingness to learn.
- Culturally sensitive and willing to work with persons from various socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to think ahead and take initiative when needed.
- Medical Assistant Certification
What would get us excited?
- Bilingual Spanish
- Management under pressure: You never lose a sense of purpose and a sense of humor managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You can make solid decisions under pressure and follow up on them so that things do not fall through cracks.
- Excellent and skillful communicator: You enjoy communicating with a variety of humans. Your communication is precise, accurate and friendly.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like THC serves its clients and partners through thick and thin.
Position Status: Non–Exempt (Hourly)
Target start date: 8/27/2019
The Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to Lindsay@thehealthcenterww.org